We are looking for an intern to join our Gen-D mission!
Paid part-time internship
DATE OF ISSUE:
September 9 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
September 18 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY:
September 25 2019
The “Gen-D – Nurturing a Digital Future” program, implemented by Propulsion powered by Microsoft, is a multi-country program with the goal of contributing to the digital transformation in education. In the initial phase, the five countries will actively participate in the program – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia and Serbia. The cooperation within the program will represent a resource for teaching and learning informatics.
The “Gen-D – Nurturing a Digital Future” program is looking for a qualified candidate to join our Sarajevo-based team and carry out a short-term paid internship working in administrative and program areas.
Please note that the Gen-D internship is part-time (20 hours a week).
Tasks and responsibilities
If you are a young person interested in learning and supporting the development of educational, digital and/or IT programs, a social sciences, communications or an IT student, or a thriving freelancer eager for new experiences that will add to your personal and professional development, then this internship is perfect for you!
The selected intern will be assigned to perform the following duties:
- Supporting overall operational and administrative work of the “Gen-D – Nurturing a Digital Future” program implementation, including activities such as attending meetings (offline and online), taking minutes, drafting summaries and status reports, conducting regular email correspondence with the program partners and other stakeholders, etc.;
- Supporting the organization of program events and meetings including assistance in coordination of all logistical requirements;
- Supporting communication-related and outreach activities such as preparing and putting together social media posts, website updates, preparing audio-visual content for social media, creating presentations, etc.;
- Assisting the Project Officer in implementation of other Propulsion-led community and philanthropies programs, if required.
Qualifications and competencies
- You have a high school degree or equivalent and must be enrolled in an accredited university or you are within two years after graduation by the deadline of the vacancy;
- You should be under the age of 35 and must be at least 18 years of age;
- You need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian languages;
- You have strong organizational, communication and time management skills;
- You have strong interest/experience in project management, event management, community building and philanthropies;
- You bring along positive energy, high motivation, flexibility and ability to work without supervision and in a team;
- You know how to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national, cultural and religious backgrounds;
- You should possess high computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, word processing and email).
How to apply?
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV and a motivation statement (no more than 300 words) stating why you are an ideal candidate for this position, as a combined PDF file, to the following email address: email@example.com by September 18 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST).